A Participative Roadmap for ICT Research in Electronic Governance and Policy Modelling
|Envisioning Digital Europe 2030: Scenarios for ICT in Future Governance and Policy Modelling
||Link to report
Starting date: January 2010
Duration: 12 months
CROSSROAD is a Support Action on Roadmapping under the Objective 7.3 (ICT for Governance and Policy Modelling) of the EU FP7
ICT Work programme 2009/2010.
Objectives: The main goal of the CROSSROAD project is to build a roadmap for future research in the field of governance and policy modelling. The roadmap will drive towards the identification of emerging technologies, new governance models and novel application scenarios in the area of participation, electronic governance and policy modelling, leading to the structuring of a beyond the state-of-the-art research agenda, fully embraced by research and practice communities.
CROSSROAD will go after its objectives, through:
- Raising awareness and creating consensus among the e-governance and ICT research community, on new research directions in the field of participation, governance and policy modelling.
- Design forward-looking, socio-technological scenarios for combined governance and ICT applications, greatly exceeding the current state of play.
- Providing a sustainable decision support tool to policy-makers, for managing the research roadmap and steering research on governance and policy modelling.
The role of IPTS is to:
- Lead the Work Package on Visionary Scenario-Design
- Contribute to Roadmap Composition and Engagement and Dissemination activities
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) (GR) (Project Coordinator)
- Tech4i2 (UK)
- University of Koblenz (UKL) (GE)
- European Projects and Management Agency (CZ)
- Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS),
Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
Call for Contributions: An open call for contributions has been issued on 25th January 2010 in order to gather experts' contribution and select additional members of the Scientific Committee. For more information, please see here.
Online validation workshops and presentation to relevant conference and policy events will be organize during all the duration of the Project.
During the overall duration of the project a collaborative online working environment will be created in order to ensure that the project results will make the communities coalesce around the development of the roadmap.
A list of dissemination activities and events will be published soon on the CROSSROAD website.
Project Leader: Gianluca Misuraca