ICT for independent living and elderly care at home
19 January 2010: Workshop on "Long-term care challenges in an ageing society: the role of ICT and migrants"
Workshops organised jointly with DG INFSO ICT for Inclusion
to discuss the results of the project and the policy implications with relevant policy actors across the European Commission as well as external organizations. For more details, see the description of the project, the agenda and participants list.
- Introduction to the workshop and objectives - Clara Centeno, EC JRC-IPTS, Information Society Unit
- Setting the Scene: Long term care challenges and the role of ICT and migrants - Ricardo Rodrigues, European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research
- Setting the Scene: ICT and ageing, the cared person's perspective - Lutz Kubitchke, Empirica, Germany
- The carer perspective: The case of UK - Gary Fry, Centre for International Research on Care, Labour and Equalities (CIRCLE), University of Leeds, UK
- The carer perspective: The case of Germany - Heidrun Mollenkopf, German National Association of Senior Citizens Organisations (BAGSO), Germany
- Cross-country analysis on: Long term care challenges in an ageing society: the role of ICT and migrants (UK, Spain, Germany, Italy) - Stefano Kluzer, EC JRC-IPTS, Information Society Unit
Stephanie Carretero, Stephanie.Carretero-Gomez@ec.europa.eu