Media and content industry (MCI)
On request from DG CONNECT, IPTS launched in 2009 a research program on the "Statistical, ecosystems and competitiveness analysis of the Media and Content Industries".
The program created a set of 10 studies, numerous workshops and a Conference that pursue three objectives:
- To offer a quantitative statistical approach to the Media and Content Industries, including their extension or blurring boundaries.
- To offer an industrial and economic analysis of each of the Media and Content Industries, and their dynamics under pressure of digitalisation.
- To offer a synthetic view supporting the identification of the main policies at stake.
The Digital Shift in the Media and Content Industries (2012). Authors:
Jean Paul Simon and Marc Bogdanowicz
The media and content industries. A quantitative overview (2012). Authors: Andra Leurdijk, Silvain de Munck, Tijs van den Broek, Arjanna van der Plas, Walter Manshanden, Elmer Rietveld. Editor: Jean Paul Simon
The Music Industry (2012). Authors:
Andra Leurdijk, Ottilie Nieuwenhuis. Editor:
Jean Paul Simon
The Newspaper Publishing Industry (2012). Authors: Andra Leurdijk, Mijke Slot, Ottilie Nieuwenhuis. Editor: Jean Paul Simon.
The Film Sector (2012). Authors: Sophie De Vinck, Sven Lindmark. Editor: Jean Paul Simon
The Book Publishing Industry (2012). Authors: Giuditta de Prato, Jean Paul Simon
European Television in the New Media Landscape (2012). Author: Esteve Sanz.
Editor: Marc Bogdanowicz, Jean Paul Simon
Born digital, Grown digital: the European Videogames industry (2010). Giuditta De Prato, Claudio Feijóo, Daniel Nepelski, Marc Bogdanowicz, Jean Paul Simon
- The Future Evolution of the Creative Content Industries - Three Discussion Papers, 2008
- Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers. Erik Brynjolfsson, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, Michael D. Smith. Management Science © 2003 INFORMS - Vol. 49, No. 11, November 2003, pp. 1580–1596
- The French Media to the Year 2020. Alain Busson & Pandora Pham (2010)
- Pop Internationalism: Has A Half Century of World Music Trade Displaced Local Culture? Fernando Ferreira and Joel Waldfogel,
NBER Working Paper No. 15964,
JEL No. F13,L82.
- Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie? The Supply of New Recorded Music Since Napster.
NBER Working Paper No. 16882,
JEL No. K11,L82.
- White Paper on Content. AGCOM - Autoritá per le garanzie nelle communicazioni
- IT STAR Newsletter - Vol. 10, no. 1, Spring 2012
- International experts workshop, 7 November 2014, Seville: Models of Innovation in the Creative and Content Industries: Inspiring Insights from the Cinema Industry
Marc Bogdanowicz: Marc.Bogdanowicz@ec.europa.eu