Following the extraordinary commercial and technical success of web search over fixed platforms, many experts consider mobile search is likely to become the "next big thing". The IPTS explores the market dynamics of this important sector in collaboration with reputed professionals in the field.
- Promising Prospects in Mobile Search: Business as Usual or Techno-Economic Disruptions?, José Luis Gómez-Barroso, Claudio Feijóo and Ramón Compañó, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, , July 2011, (in press)
- Exploring the Logic of Mobile Search, Oscar Westlund, José-Luis Gómez-Barroso, Ramón Compañó, Claudio Feijóo, Behaviour & Information Technology, in press
- Mobile search, a case for next generation information society policies, C. Feijóo, J.L. Gómez-Barroso, M. Bacigalupo, R. Compañó, in Proceedings of the International Telecommunications Society (ITS) 18th Biennial and Silver Anniversary Conference, 27-30 June 2010, Tokyo, Japan
- To Search or not to Search: Where is the Mobile Search Market Heading? Results from a Survey with Experts, M. Bacigalupo, R. Compañó, S. G. Nikolov, J.L. Gómez-Barroso, C. Feijóo, in Proceedings of the International Telecommunications Society (ITS) 18th Biennial and Silver Anniversary Conference, 27-30 June 2010, Tokyo, Japan
- What is Missing for the Full Deployment of Mobile Search Services? Results from a Survey with Experts, S. G. Nikolov, R. Compañó, M. Bacigalupo, J.L. Gómez-Barroso, C. Feijóo, in Proceedings of the 9th Conference of Telecommunication, Media and Internet Techno-Economics (CTTE), 7-9 June 2010, Ghent, Belgium
- A prospective analysis of mobile search business models, C. Feijóo, R. Compañó, M. Bacigalupo, J.L. Gómez-Barroso, 8th Global Mobility Roundtable (GMR 2009) “Transformation through mobility”. 1-3 November 2009, Cairo, Egypt.
- The Next Paradigm Shift in the Mobile Ecosystem: Mobile Social Computing and the Increasing Relevance of Users; C. Feijoo, C. Pascu, G. Misuraca, W. Lusoli, In: IDATE, editor. Changeover in the mobile ecosystem. Montpellier (France): Communications and Strategies; 2009. p. 57-77; JRC Reference - JRC54523
- The future evolution of the mobile ecosystem, C. Feijóo, EuroCPR 2009 « The competitiveness of Europe´s mobile communication sector. The challenges of globalisation
- EU competitiveness and innovation in the mobile 2.0 domain, C. Pascu, C. Feijóo, EuroCPR 2009 « The competitiveness of Europe´s mobile communication sector. The challenges of globalisation and sustainability”. 29-31 Mar 2009, Seville, Spain
- Exploring a heterogeneous and fragmented digital ecosystem: mobile content; C. Feijóo, I. Maghiros, F. Abadie, J.L. Gómez-Barroso in Telematics & Informatics, Vol 26, No 3, 2009, pp: 282-292
- Techno-economic Challenges of Audiovisual Search Engines, Compano R. In: Susanne Nikoltchev, editor, IRIS Special: Searching for Audiovisual Content. Strasbourg (France): European Audiovisual Observatory / Council of Europe; 2008. p. 13-31; JRC Reference - JRC49793
- Buscadores visuales, P. Rotter, C. Feijóo (ed) BIT 166 pp: 85-88. Dic – ene 2008.
- Study on Mobile Image Search (2011). Authors: Spiros Nikolopoulos, Chatzilari Elisavet, Yiannis Kompatsiaris, Stavri G Nikolov, Henning Müller.
- Prospects of Mobile Search (2010). Authors: J. L. Gómez-Barroso, R. Compañó, C. Feijóo, M. Bacigalupo, O. Westlund, S. Ramos, A. Jaokar, F. Álvarez, R. De Waele, G. Mateos-Barrado and M. Concepción García-Jiménez.
Future Search Scenarios:
The IPTS developed in 2009 a number of forward-looking scenarios (Mobile Search Scenarios) for mobile search applications which were evaluated by experts in the field. A survey with 61 experts provided evidence of drivers, barriers and enablers for mobile search.
Back to Search overview page